We have open positions in 2019!
If you are interested in any of these positions, please send us an application, we look forward to hearing from you!
If a position that you are interested is filled, feel free to reach out to become part of a committee.
Public Relations / Marketing Chair (Open)
- Create and drive the overall public relations and marketing strategy for TAP-Seattle
- Oversee all PR activities, including creation of content and review of TAP-Seattle public communications
- Lead the marketing efforts of TAP-Seattle, including components of large events dedicated to marketing TAP-Seattle (i.e. hosting a table/booth at festivals/promoting film festival)
- Track and prepare responses for any activity or news relevant to the Taiwanese American community
- Work closely with Tech Chair on creation and distribution of promotional materials
Cultural Chair (Open)
- The role of the Cultural Chair is to promote and generate awareness of Taiwanese culture and history in the Seattle Area.
- Typical duties include:
- coordinate with other Taiwanese organizations to create a TA presence in the community
- plan and execute events related to Taiwanese culture (cooking, movie screening)
- oversee Taiwanese American Heritage Week events
Social Chair (Filled)
- Generate opportunities that bring together existing and future members in a social environment
- Ensure a wide variety of social events that cater to members’ interests and locations in the Seattle Area
- Collaborate with other organizations where relevant to expand the TAP-Seattle network
- Plan and execute events that are fun and a primary form of recruitment for TAP-Seattle membership
- Host monthly TAPpy Hours
Community Service Chair (Filled)
- Generate opportunities for TAP-Seattle members to give back to the community and increase Taiwanese American presence in the community by making a difference through service
- Plan and execute community service events that help the Taiwanese American and local community
- Coordinate with other community organizations where relevant
Tech Chair (Filled)
- Manage the overall design and branding of all TAP-Seattle collateral across print and digital media
- Collaborate with the Public Relations Chair as needed on design and creation of collateral Serve as the design resource for the board
- Create content for the website and newsletter