Thursday 7:00pm, Jan 31, 2008
Community Center at Mercer View
8236 SE 24th Street, Mercer Island, WA
This is a free event. Light refreshments will be provided. Please sign up by RSVP here
“Am I moving forward or is it time to move on?”
This is the fundamental question we must constantly ask ourselves if we wish to effectively manage our careers and our lives. Whether you are a self-employed individual, a small business owner or you are working for a large corporation, the same fundamental questions are still applicable.
- Am I passionate about the work I do? Is it a good fit for my personality type? Does it align with my personal interests and values? If not, what would I rather be doing?
- Do I possess the right skill set to be successful in my current role? Will these same skills allow me to be successful in a desired future role? If not, what growth and changes will be required?
- Am I in the right type of business and in the best type of organization to make the best use of my talents and skills? Are my contributions being recognized and rewarded?
Please join us for an interactive discussion as we explore effective strategies for successfully managing your career growth and transition.
About the Presenter
Scott Verrette is an executive coach and leadership consultant with the Heron Group, a firm that he founded in 1996 after 15 years of experience working as a trainer, coach and business effectiveness consultant in organizations ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to non-profits and government agencies. Past clients include Microsoft, Vulcan, Safeco, McDonnell Douglas, CitiCorp, Bekins, Southern California Gas Company, the Snohomish Health District and the Bellevue Philharmonic Orchestra.
The three primary focus areas of his work are:
- Organizational Effectiveness Consulting
Partnering with leaders, managers and employees at all levels of an organization to maximize workforce productivity and business performance.
- Leadership Coaching
Providing one-on-one support to executives, managers and employees in the workplace to strengthen their leadership competencies and interpersonal communications skills.
- Career & Lifework Coaching
Helping individuals create a compelling future vision for their careers and lives that makes optimal use of their passion, talents, skills and aptitudes, and then designing and implementing a game plan to make that vision a reality.
His educational background includes a Masters Degree in Applied Behavioral Science from Bastyr University/Leadership Institute of Seattle and a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern California.